Question: When is noise in a library okay?
Answer: When it’s a kids’ entertainment explosion of fun, laughter and learning designed especially for your library’s summer reading program. Children’s magician Domino The Great’s special blend of magic and comedy not only entertains your young patrons, but gets them excited about reading and checking out books.
A New Library Show Every Year
Domino creates a new performance each year to coordinate with the current theme of the Collaborative Summer Library Program. This year’s CSLP theme is “Every Hero Has A Story,” and Domino will use his fantastical bag of tricks to encourage kids to read, read, read with his all new Magic Show!
Every performance includes:
- Amazing Magic Tricks: Magic captures the attention of a young audience, and teaches the children about the fun of reading and signing up for your library’s summer reading club.
- Wacky Humor. Side splitting and age-appropriate humor keeps the audience laughing and having a great time from start to finish.
- Join-In-Fun: Children don't have to just “sit still and watch.” They get to help make the magic happen, as individuals and the whole audience participate in the show.
- Real Books: Domino uses books that children know and recognize, and brings them to life during the presentation.
Plus Domino will choose one lucky child from the audience to FLOAT THREE FEET IN THE AIR when they begin to read a book on SUPER HEROES!
Give Your Circulation a Magical Boost
Domino The Great’s library shows are an irresistible invitation to go right from the show to the bookshelves and the circulation desk. Librarians across the region have thanked this funny magician not only for a wonderful show, but for getting kids excited to check out books. For many more video library reviews click here.
Just for Fun Performances
Domino The Great also offers “Just for Fun” magic shows that are pure entertainment, full of comedy, magic and surprises. They're perfect for school vacation programs and special events of any kind.
Domino The Great performs in libraries in Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York and New Jersey.
"I appreciate your participation in this year's Easter Egg Roll!"
"I want to thank you for joining us at the White House, and I hope you know how much I appreciate your participation in this year's Easter Egg Roll. Each year, the President and I look forward to hosting this time-honored tradition. As parents, we know that the families who attended this event will cherish the memories they made for years to come. This year, over 30,000 visitors from across our country joined us on the South Lawn, and I want you to know that your participation made this day even more special for our guests. Thank you again, and I wish you all the best."
First Lady Michelle Obama, The White House - Washington, D.C.
"We had Domino The Great last year and loved him so much we brought him back for a second year. He completely engages the children and encourages them to read. They come out to the library, check out bunches of books, and they are so excited! We can't wait to have Domino back next year!"
- Becky Pace, Director, Peru Free Library, Peru, New York